January 21, 2011

mall walking

i love that natalie completely dresses herself. and then i just have to laugh at what she chooses. two hats, one for inside and one for outside. and two pairs of striped mittens for the same reason.
since it's so cold here, people take advantage of walking indoors. currently the temp on my computer is -15 and the wind chill is -25. i wish i didn't have to leave the house today!
i think it's rad that i get to mall walk at mall of america. that it's just normal to me when it's otherwise a world famous attraction.
i took other pictures but then realized it just looked like any other mall. except that it's huge. it's really clean and beautiful inside. it has every kind of store...h&m, american girl...even repeats of stores. a few caribou coffees and orange julius'. roller coasters of course. and gigantic lego structures. and it smells soooo good! pretzels, cinnabon,  cold stone....oh my!
one of my friends came here for a date with her hubby. they had dinner at one of the nice restaurants, rode roller coasters and then had dessert! so fun!
and the appple store...
is right across from the microsoft store.
one lap is .57 miles. not bad for some good exercise!

3 comments:

  1. My sister might move to your neck of the woods soon. She applied to the University and was invited to apply for two fellowships. I can't wait to see the Mall of America when we come to visit her, but I am NOT coming in the winter. I saw the temp. was like -26 with no wind chill in some parts. You people are crazy. I can barely stand the cold here. I am glad Natalie knows how to dress for the cold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right...you are so cool for getting to mall walk at the mall of america. Like it's just normal. That's on my list of places to visit-just haven't yet! Awesome that one lap is over half a mile-really that's the best part! And I love your Natalie antics! I wonder where she gets it!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you guys only do one lap? lol

    ReplyDelete